Mask up in style!
By Muskan Shah
With the pandemic still an unfortunate part of our lives, wearing masks continues to be an inevitable part of our day-to-day routines. But thanks to Thailand’s vanguards of fashion, there’s no longer any need to sacrifice your style sensibilities for the sake of being safe.
- Pomelo offers a variety of mask styles with prices starting at THB 150. As they introduce new styles seasonally, their reusable, three-layered masks are always on trend, whether you’re looking for flowery embellishments, abstract designs, or block colours.
- Pasaya has released a line of high quality environmentally-friendly masks that are fitted with two straps, filters, and are manufactured from smart water-repellent fabric. Priced at THB 100, the masks come in a range of solid colours that can easily match any outfit.
- Naraya is a great choice for long-lasting masks (prices start at THB 65). Choose from a series of fabrics ranging from the ‘denim-look’ to the ‘printed cotton’, each in a variety of colours and patterns with sizes for the whole family. Moreover, the V-shaped design allows for a close, comfortable fit to the face.
- GQ’s washable masks (THB 150), available in five colours with a neck strap, offer a liquid-repellent outer layer and antibacterial inner layer to ensure safety, with the option to purchase an anti-pollution filter (THB 99) to add on. You can also customise your mask with embellishments at their concept store.
- Uniqlo’s Airism Mask (starting at THB 290 for a set of three) entwines fashion and technology, offering features like a three-layer filter, moisture wicking properties, cooling smart fabric, and odour-control. Sizes are also available for the whole family.
- Jim Thompson has released a line of patterned masks made with three layers: water-repellent silk, anti-bacterial polyester, and a soft cotton-bamboo outer-layer. With a mix of vibrant, floral and animal patterns and bold solid colours, you can buy a set of three for THB 1,170 with the brand donating THB 100 of every purchase to Siriraj Hospital.
- Wonder Anatomie is perfect if you’re looking for quirkier options. Their 100 percent cotton masks with filters (THB 250) come in bold patterns like signal waves reminiscent of The Matrix (1999) and sayings like ‘Temporarily Closed’ and ‘Mask Killer Covid-19’. Buy now, and receive a free filter.