Red carpet events and movie premieres aren’t the only parties celebrities score invites to. Wedding invitations are also delivered to the mailboxes of B-town’s most prominent stars, and just like us, they have to figure out what to wear! With a parade of A-list guests gracing such lavish affairs, these star-studded nuptials become the perfect opportunity for a glamorous fashion show. Masala picks four of the best and worst fiercely fashion-forward ensembles your favourite celebrities wore to weddings.
1. Priyanka Chopra was a vision at her pal Meghan Markle’s wedding reception. Wearing an off-shoulder sparkling gown from Christian Dior’s Pre-Fall 2018 Collection paired with statement earrings from Lorraine Schwartz, PeeCee looked nothing less than royalty.
2. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan turned heads at the wedding reception of Saudamini Mattu in a gorgeous Rohit Bal multi-coloured anarkali jacket with zardozi embroidery inspired by Russian rulers. Completing her look with minimal accessories, a bold red lip and sleek and straight hair, the actress was elegance personified.
3. One of our favourite looks from Sonam Kapoor Ahuja’s star-studded wedding reception was Ranbir Kapoor. Opting for a simple yet elegant Manish Malhotra ensemble, the actor looked dapper in a textured white kurta pyjama with a unique asymmetrical take on the Bandhgala kurta.
4. Shraddha Kapoor upped the glamour quotient at Akash Ambani and Shloka Mehta’s engagement party with her stunning lavender lehenga by Koëcsh by Krésha Bajaj. The sheer neck and delicate embroidery added a feminine appeal to this dreamy outfit, while flawless makeup, smoky eyes and a subtle pink lip perfectly complemented her gorgeous avatar.
5. Kajol attended Akash Ambani and Shloka Mehta’s engagement wearing an Anjul Bhandari ensemble that left us extremely underwhelmed. The white kurta did nothing to accentuate her curves and the embellished blue palazzo pants stuck out like a sore thumb.
6. Even the mightiest of them fall! Karan Johar at Sonam Kapoor Ahuja’s pre-wedding celebration committed a major fashion faux pas in this ivory white Shantanu & Nikhil outfit. The asymmetrical kurta with tasselled brooches and a pair of black shoes left us very confused as to what the outfit was supposed to be. Suffice to say, he could do so much better.
7. Not her first time committing major fashion blunders, Sonakshi Sinha turned up at Isheta Salgaocar’s pre-wedding bash in this blue monstrosity of an outfit. The Anita Dongre ensemble left us cringing, and the dangling earrings and overdone makeup did nothing to rescue her from this disaster.
8. The queen of fashion disasters, Parineeti Chopra failed to carry this monochromatic fusion sari by Shantanu & Nikhil at Akash Ambani and Shloka Mehta’s engagement party. Draping and accessorising saris in fun and innovative ways is considered art, but the poor fitting of this off-shoulder crop top just made her overall appearance a real downer.