Home Trending Masala speaks to GM Matthew Fryar about Avani+Hua Hin Resort’s revamped facilities

Masala speaks to GM Matthew Fryar about Avani+Hua Hin Resort’s revamped facilities

by Tom

One of the destination’s leading resorts gets an upgrade.

By Tom McLean

Avani+ Hua Hin Resort is a destination synonymous with Indian weddings, having hosted 17 during 2019 alone, as well as 11 in 2018. Boasting the largest ballroom in Cha-am and Hua Hin, many different aspects of this majestic, beachfront property have contributed to its success as a destination for weddings and other events such as conferences and MICE. Constantly seeking to enhance and augment the hotel experience for their guests and clients, Avani+ Hua Hin Resort have been shrewdly refining their amenities to new heights of excellence.

Utilising the recent lockdown period to their benefit, Avani+ Hua Hin Resort have used this quiet period to make extensive revamps throughout the hotel, overhauling their catering facilities and crafting the outstanding new Banquet Kitchen, while also renovating their Foyer into an air-conditioned and lavishly refurbished pre-function area, that can work as both an open-air or enclosed space depending on their guests’ preferences.

How will the newly revamped Banquet Kitchen enhance event catering at Avani+ Hua Hin Resort?

This new, highly-contemporary kitchen facility was created with the intention of completely augmenting the culinary experience guests will receive at Avani+ Hua Hin Resort. Strategically attached to the Ballroom, the Banquet Kitchen’s location allows for expedient food delivery, prepared in a safe environment with first-rate equipment, allowing chefs and catering teams to more effectively work their magic and produce the finest meals possible for events.

How big a part did third-party caterer usage influence the revamp and design of the new Banquet Kitchen?

We highly value the partnerships we have with third-party caterers and wedding planners and their involvement and usage of the Banquet Kitchen was considered crucial throughout the design process. We designed the facility to be an optimal work environment, with the ultimate goal being to provide the best possible catering for events.

What initiated the decision to craft the pre-function Foyer into this overhauled, air-conditioned enclosure?

We wanted to give customers more options when it comes to event planning. The beauty of the revamped Foyer is in its customisability. Guests can choose to use the space as an air-conditioned enclosure or as an open-air space. Before we made the decision to overhaul the facility, we spent a great deal of time assessing the needs of our customers. Ultimately, we found that 70% of guests would prefer a more comfortable, luxurious pre-function, while the other 30% favour a more natural, outdoor-style atmosphere. This was the primary reason behind our decision and why it was important that the facility meets the requirements of both groups of customers.

How do you think the addition of air-conditioning to the revamped, pre-function Foyer area will enhance other events such as conferences and MICE?

One very recent example of how the revamps are benefiting these kind of events is an exhibition we hosted for a company that works in the pharmaceutical sector. The air-conditioned foyer made for an ideal, comfortable space for our clients to set up cubicles and booths to present their products during the day-time. The extra level of comfort provided by the air-conditioning and climate control means that there are vast possibilities for the kinds of functions the Foyer is capable of hosting.

Many events have been put on hold or postponed until early 2021 but we’re already seeing a slow and steady upturn in the amount of Indian weddings taking place in the country. When do you predict the industry will fully rebound?

With regards to Indian weddings and wedding anniversaries, we predict that we’ll see an upturn around Q3 of next year, with anticipated groups of around 50 to 100 people. Without a doubt, we expect a full, 100% rebound after a vaccine for COVID-19 is released.

AVANI+ HUA HIN RESORT

1499 Petchkasem Road,
Cha-am, Hua Hin, Phetchaburi 76120
Thailand
Tel: 03 289 8989
Email: avaniplus.huahin@avanihotels.com
For Reservations:
Tel: 02 365 9110
Email: reserveavani@avanihotels.com
www.avanihotels.com/en/hua-hin

Related Articles