On this edition of #WeddingsGoneWrong
By Ashima Sethi
Chaos unfolded in Gujarat’s Panchmahal district earlier this week when a groom enroute to his wedding mandap narrowly escaped injury after his horse-drawn carriage went up in flames.
Attendees reported that at the beginning, everyone was in good spirits and all was well when the horse-drawn carriage began making its way towards the wedding venue led by friends and family who were part of the procession, also known as a baraat.
In addition to music and dancing, guests decided to burst firecrackers along the way, a decision that nearly cost the poor groom his life. It was said that fireworks were being stored inside the carriage, and due to the explosions from the ones being thrown around outside, they were accidentally ignited.
In the video, the flames triggered panic amongst the crowd, with many individuals quickly asking nearby shops for fire extinguishers and water to help douse the roaring flames. Thankfully nobody was hurt in the incident, but it definitely brings attention to the fact that recently people are doing some really, really stupid things during their celebrations.
Not too long ago, a video went viral showing a bride and groom shooting celebratory shots from a gun at their wedding, seriously putting everyone’s lives at risk. In another recent story, a young man was accidentally shot dead during a bachelor party in Ghaziabad.
Not entirely sure when it became trendy to make your wedding a life-or-death situation…?
Anyway here’s the video: