As the temperature around you soars, cool off with these summer chillers. All homemade and Indian ingredients for a more familiar taste!
- Thandai – This North-Indian drink is made especially when the hot, dry summer winds blow through the region leaving everything and everybody parched. This thirst-quencher is tasty and cooling.
- Mango Lassi – Mango Lassi is the perfect cooler on a hot day. You can add extra sweetness to it (if you like) with sugar or honey.
- Chatpata Nimbu Paani – Lemonade with an Indian twist!
- Badaam Milk – Delicately flavored with cardamom, the nuts in this chilled, cooling drink don’t just make it tasty, they pack a mighty nutritious punch too.
- Kayree Panha – Made with fresh raw mangoes, abundant in the summer months, Kayree (raw mango) Panha is from the state of Maharashtra in Western India. It is a sweet-sour-spicy drink.
- Gulaab Ka Sherbet – On a hot summer’s day, a tall, frosty glass of Rose Sharbat can really cool you off. Another nice way to have it is in a glass of cold milk.
- Masala Chaas – This drink goes well with a meal. The asafetida and ginger in it aid digestion.
For more information, click here